COVID-19 What are we doing?
We wanted to let you know what we are doing at Wokingham Methodist Church to help prevent the spread of the COVID-19 virus.
- We have installed hand sanitizer dispensers at each entrance and on the first floor landing – we urge everyone to use these upon entry to the building.
- We have signs on display in all toilets and kitchens reminding people to thoroughly wash their hands.
- All Café staff are wearing disposable aprons which are disposed of daily.
- There is a restriction on people entering our main kitchen.
- All Café staff are washing hands upon entry to the kitchen and at regular intervals thereafter.
- We are using biodegradable antibacterial wipes on all surfaces including kitchen counters, tables, hand rails, door pads and door handles.
- The Café are only serving cut cake from behind the kitchen counter rather than self-service.
- We are only washing the crockery and cutlery in the café area using the dishwasher.
- Items in all other kitchens is only to be washed with hot water and washing up liquid and is then dish-washed weekly.
- We are only offering wrapped biscuits (if any) after church services.
We have issued a letter to all of our hirers and church groups notifying them of the above and requesting that they adhere to these restrictions themselves.
As a church we are very mindful of the impact of isolation among the old and vulnerable so would like to assure you that we do all we can to retain at least some level of service in our community café. However, in the coming weeks this may not be possible.
We have cancelled our Alzheimer’s Café, Toddler Group and Carers group. Little Fishes will remain open in line with School opening.
If you are aware of any vulnerable person who requires help with shopping, prescriptions or any other vital service whilst in isolation, please contact the Church Office on 0118 9776898 or The LINK Visiting Scheme on 0118 979 8019 and we will do our best to find a volunteer to support you.
For advice regarding church attendance and ways you can worship from home please visit the Methodist Church Website. We are not planning to close our church for Sunday worship, but people may decide not to attend for a while. The Methodist Church will be live streaming a service from Wesley’s Chapel each week (see the Methodist Church Website for details) or people can listen to the service from our church on our website.
God of all hope we call on you today.
We pray for those who are living in fear:
Fear of illness, fear for loved ones, fear of other’s reactions to them.
May your Spirit give us a sense of calmness and peace.
We pray for your church in this time of uncertainty.
For those people who are worried about attending worship.
For those needing to make decisions in order to care for others
For those who will feel more isolated by not being able to attend.
Grant us your wisdom.
Holy God, we remember that you have promised that
Nothing will separate us from your love – demonstrated to us in Jesus Christ.
Help us turn our eyes, hearts and minds to you.
14 March 2020